Translate

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Licques to Wisques: the Tour de Valise




Ruth:
You have no doubt heard of the tour de France, but have you heard of its hearty grandmother the tour de valise? The true test of ovaries of the France racing tours demands that you not only cycle impressive distances daily of around thirty kilometers, but that you also pull a samsonite suitcase ( la valise ) over unsurfaced roads. This is not a race for the weak of heart. While I excel at the better surfaced down hill segments, I find that I am a little weak on some of the ascents. My climbing speed of 4.9 km/h force me to drop back with the peloton ( i.e. Gordon) at times. Cyclists on the tour de Valise must eat their weight in wine, cheese and pain au chocolate in order to be sufficiently fueled for the arduous journey.

If Ryder Hesjedal had qualified for this tour ( i.e. had ovaries and a valise) I would have welcomed the challenge especially as we both represent Belmont High School. I do wish him all the best, however on his own little Tour.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: