Translate

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Corbeny to Reims: Not all Roads lead to Rome




Ruth:
Not all roads lead to Rome as it turns out. I left Corbeny shortly after Gord and headed off confidently in what turned out to be northeast. It was the right road just the wrong direction. I realized my error about 4km out but with a map in hand I didn't want to retrace my steps so I compounded the problem with a 20 km tour of the surrounding area. Roads are generally well
marked in France but today when I needed them they were not. When I met Gordon several hours later be had walked 12.5 km and I had cycled 33! So much for bicycle efficiency. We are now in Reims where we will stay for two nights to enjoy a rest day and see the sights.

I seem to not have much luck buying a replacement pair of cycle shorts. The ones I bought today are a wee bit too transparent!! Gord says they're fine, but without getting a Brazilian it would be illegal in most countries. I will be wearing these with shorts! No photos forthcoming.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Place Drouet d'Erlon,Rheims,France

No comments:

Post a Comment