Translate

Friday, November 25, 2016

We are off to Thailand and Laos!

Ruth:  After three and a half months of cycling across Europe we came home for a month to relax and reconnect with family and  friends. It was one of my most luxuriously lazy months ever, but just what I needed before heading off again. Now we are sitting in an airport waiting for the first of three flights that will take us to our final destination - Bangkok. I don't return to work until the end of January, so we have plenty of time to have another adventure in Thailand and Laos. As much as I travel, I am usually plagued with terrible pre-trip anxiety, but for some reason, I have remained very calm before this departure. Perhaps it is the knowledge that we are returning to one of my favorite cycling destinations, or maybe it is the meditation that I have been learning and practicing regularity. Regardless, it is wonderful to not start a trip as a basket case. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment