Translate

Friday, July 6, 2012

Side Trip to Brussels




We stayed at the Abbaye Saint Paul in Wisque last

night where we left my bike and trailer to make a little side trip to Brussels to spend two nights with our friend BĂ©atrice.
The journey today involved a 9km walk to Saint-Omer and a planned 4 hour stop in Lille, before heading to Brussels. Lille was lovely, but I was tired and a bit sore from the day before. I think the tour de valise the day before may have been a bit too much pushing the bike up hills. I will stick to the roads for a bit.
Beatrice has been the most amazing host and friend. We have drunk 30 year old Cote du Rhone, eaten the best chocolates and been delivered to the door of an osteopath for a post tour tune up.
And just look at the lunch she prepared for us.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ruth

    how was the abbaye st paul? did you have to pay or was it by donation?

    ReplyDelete