Translate

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Canned by Renfe




November 6, 2010

We took the night train to Madrid. We opted for the cheaper bed in a room of six. This means that six people are stacked three deep and two wide in a six foot by eight foot room. There is not enough room to sit up on any of the bunks. I was on the third level accessed by a scary ladder that angled into the room. Of course I had to go pea which involved wriggling down the ladder without falling on any of the others below. On my return I somehow got my self wedged in the wrong direction and didn't have enough room to lie down. After a logistical analysis I grabbed the pole and swung my head out enough so that I could clear the ceiling and lie back down. Amazingly, I slept well and was in fine shape this morning.

Now we are settled into our nice Madrid apartment and looking forward to seeing Matthew this evening.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment