Translate

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Next Chapter

Montpellier, France
Hotel Etuve




Yesterday Gord and I made the difficult decision to leave the Camino. Although my back is getting better, the demands of the daily rides are just too much for me. I am actually feeling relieved about the decision, I have been pretty anxious about not getting better.
We rode back to Auch and right into the biggest general strike day yet. The train station was shut, but the bus to Toulouse was still running even though we couldn't pay for tickets. We expressed our solidarity with the workers and then boarded our free ride. The train station in Toulouse opened by the time we made it there and we were in Montpellier before dinner.
So now we are beginning a holiday in south east France! My oh my it is pretty here!
Sent from my pea pod.

No comments:

Post a Comment