Translate

Friday, August 27, 2010

Lectoure

Our Bedroom Window in Lectoure

Miradoux-Lectoure 15.5km. Total:55km

My friend Maude was teasing me and suggesting that with all this time to write blogs I wasn't walking very much. She is on to me. Even though we are starting very slowly my shins and hips have been begging for a break.
Lectoure is a wonderful place for an extra night. It's a fortified medieval town with roots stretching back before the arrival of the Romans.
Our chambre d'hotes, the Halte Pelerine is fantastic. Our host, Veronique, is lovely and the house is built right into the town wall with views out over the valley below.

1 comment:

  1. I finished the first part of my Camino from Le Puy here in great pain and had to be airlifted home to Ireland with a hernieated disk. Veronique was my Angel and looked after me, brought me to her Doctor and to the Pharmacy.
    Hopefully, I return to Lectoure on 15th. September 2011 to continue my Camino.

    Donal Corcoran
    Naas
    Kildare
    Ireland

    ReplyDelete