Translate

Monday, July 27, 2015

Day 19: Santiago de Compostela



July 27, 2014

Gord and I followed the Camino route all the way into Santiago today. It was an absolutely stunning ride but much more challenging than the 68 kms would have been on the road.  Luckily I seem to be getting into shape, which allowed me to power up some terribly steep sections. In spite of my stiff legs and sore knees it was completely worth it. 

We are settled into our pilgrim room at Hospedaria San Martin Pinario and made it here in time to have their afternoon meal. This is just the best place to eat. We are tired and ecstatic to have completed our pilgrimage, and pleased that unlike our other arrivals in Santiago, this is not the end of our vacation.  The day after tomorrow we head back towards Portugal via eastern Galicia.




I will post larger pictures when the wifi is stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment