Translate

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pontarlier to Sainte Croix: Switzerland- First Impressions




                                 Gord eating lunch just before the Swiss border- oops wrong photo!

Ruth:
As soon as we crossed into Switzerland the neat as a pin green fields and hills looked like they had been photoshopped into perfection. I was also struck by how flag happy they were until Gordon filled me in that yesterday was their national holiday.
If my first impressions had to be summed up with just one word it would be "clean." I actually saw a city worker in Saint Croix vacuuming the side walk. Yes things are also definitely more expensive here, but we expected that. The organization of markers for walkers, cyclists and even skiers is also outstanding.

We made our final major ascent today and are currently relaxing at the B&B les Replans high above practically everything except mount blanc. My knee was much happier in my support socks even if I was committing a major fashion faux pas.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment