Translate

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Muxia to Laxe





Today I rode with Marco from Italy, to Laxe. I was lucky to have a companion with a map because the route was not as clear cut as I had expected. The coast is rugged and beautiful. Laxe is said to be the spot where the Virgin Mary landed in a stone boat ( an apparently popular form of transport then ) to come to aid Saint James. Legend holds that the stone sail can still be seen on the beach here. I was told by a pilgrim from LA that if I crawled through the hole made by this rock ten times my back would be fine. I stopped at four because my knees were getting sore, but my back is fine.
My Bike Friday and I at the end of our Journey.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Well done on a successful Camino! It is great to see others with an unstoppable sense of humour as well as the tenacious grit to get to the end. Buen Camino!!

    ReplyDelete